Ten of our favorites you might have missed last month
May 31, 2018 by Bennett Wineka in Coverage, Recap, Video with 0 comments
Disc golf, professional and otherwise, is getting bigger all the time and that means it’s busier than ever. It can be hard to keep up with everything. That’s where our Monthly Dime comes in, where we find and review 10 of the best and sometimes random disc golf related things that caught our attention each month. While we won’t pretend to be able to provide a comprehensive accounting of everything that has happened, we’ll do our best to keep this both informative and fun.
We’ve got them all numbered, but, to be clear, this isn’t a ranked list or anything like that.
1. Ricky Wysocki has caught a lot of flak for his footwork this season but we’re lucky that Dixon Jowers caught up with him while Wysocki was trying to iron out his footwork. Jowers had some good suggestions for the defending world champ — and the resulting video is what feels like an amusing cross between something out of Napoleon Dynamite and Neature Walk.
Just a simple suggestion solves all of the problems.
Posted by Dixon Jowers on Wednesday, May 23, 2018
2. Speaking of Ricky, this is just a dirty on Eric Oakley’s part. Never tease the ace, no matter how many someone may already have.
3. The Women’s Global Event from early in the month saw more than 2,000 women of all ages participate in tournaments across the world. We were happy to see some of the proud dad caddies out there pulling their weight on bag duty, like this one from Bremerton, Washington.
4. We’ve all deserved this trophy at one point or another.
5. The inaugural San Francisco Open gave us a great three days. We’re here to give a shoutout to the work done leading up to the Disc Golf Pro Tour event, like the great hole previews on an unknown course.
We've got a daily treat flying your way over the next two weeks. SFO flyovers of each hole will be posted right here – giving players and fans incite into each hole of the San Francisco Open. So without further ado…SFO Preview of Hole 1:MPO & FPO = 668 feet, Par 4Drone footage and commentary by Cory MurrellSFO Logo by Todd Kurnat…#SFO #DGPT #PDGA #discgolf #ThrowSFO #sanfrancisco #gleneagles #gleneaglesdiscgolf #sfdiscgolf #innovadiscs #sanfranciscoopen #preview #dronefly
Posted by San Francisco Open presented by Innova Champion Discs on Wednesday, May 9, 2018
6. Masters Cup was fun, but is this the real “Top of the World” shot?
7. How to incite a riot in the online disc golf community: say you went pond diving.
8. Calling this one, “Play it as it lies.”
9. As great as it is to see an athlete at the peak of their profession, a little bit of parity is also good for the competition. Sarah Hokom finally broke through, snapping Paige Pierce’s perfect season. Big congrats to Pierce on making it almost through May without losing, and to Hokom for coming up big and breaking the streak.
10. There were quite a few notable aces in May. Who had the best ace? Watch them all and then vote below: