Whistle Hop Brewing Company in Fairview, North Carolina -- just outside of Asheville -- recently introduced an original game to its outdoor area
June 8, 2021 by Bennett Wineka in Livewire with 0 comments
A little ingenuity goes a long way.
Whistle Hop Brewing Company in Fairview, North Carolina — just outside of Asheville — recently introduced an original game to its outdoor area – Disc Golf Connect 4. Players putt discs into a chain net that then filters into stacking rows. The brewery even got custom-stamped Innova Polecats as discs for the game.
Disc Golf Connect 4 is not the first game Whistle Hop has created, as it also had a combination of golf and bocce on the grounds called “Puttcce” in addition to a mini golf course.
Rules for Disc Golf Connect 4:
- Players throw from front mat (novice tee) or back mat (expert tee) alternating shots.
- If disc is not visible below bottom rail of target window it must be removed.
- If disc is visible below bottom rail of target window it can remain for 1 round.
- If disc is visible below iron pipe in chute, it can be placed into chute.
- First player to connect four horizontally, vertically, or diagonally wins!