Lots of dominos still have to fall.
January 3, 2024 by Charlie Eisenhood in News with 0 comments
With 2024 upon us, a flurry of additional player endorsement deals with disc manufacturers has started to fall.
Gannon Buhr, Alden Harris Announce Departures from Prodigy
In a tongue-in-cheek Instagram post, Gannon Buhr announced his departure from Prodigy following a tumultuous final year of his contract that included a legal dispute after he tried to get out of the contract early:
Buhr, already a Major champion and multi-time Tour winner, is one of the most highly coveted free agents this offseason; multiple companies have bid to sponsor him in 2024 and beyond. Expect an announcement within the month. Prodigy released a ‘thank you’ video to Buhr today.
Buhr compatriot Alden Harris also announced that he would be leaving Prodigy.
Innova Signs Emerson Keith, Announces 2024 Team
Innova, per usual, made a blanket announcement of its 2024 Star, Champion, and other sponsorship tiers right after the New Year. The biggest announcement is the signing of Emerson Keith, now a winner on tour, after he departed Lone Star following just a year with the team. He will be on Innova’s Champion Team, the second highest tier of support.
Jessica Weese and Bradley Williams both re-signed and were promoted to the Star Team, the highest Innova sponsorship level. Hailey King also re-signed for 2024; most of the other top Innova names were already signed to multi-year contracts.
Some up-and-coming names, including Ida Emilie Nesse and Anneli Tõugjas-Männiste, joined the third tier Crew Team.
Other News & Notes
- A big loss for Discmania as Niklas Anttila announced his departure last week.
- Catrina Allen announced that she would continue in her DGA sponsorship for another year.
- Lykke Lorentzen announced a four-year deal with Thought Space Athletics as well as a sponsorship from Infinite Discs, an open-bag combination that’s become popular.
- Another departure from Prodigy from Parker Welck, the surprise Dynamic Discs Open winner in 2023.
- Lauri Lehtinen is re-signing with Latitude 64.
- Macie Velediaz, who recently announced that she is pregnant, is leaving Dynamic Discs. She hasn’t announced a new sponsor.