Ten of our favorites you might have missed in August
September 5, 2019 by Ultiworld Disc Golf Staff in News with 0 comments
Disc golf, professional and otherwise, is getting bigger all the time and that means it’s busier than ever. It can be hard to keep up with everything. That’s where our Monthly Dime comes in, where we find and review 10 of the best and sometimes random disc golf-related things that caught our attention. While we won’t pretend to be able to provide a comprehensive accounting of everything that has happened, we’ll do our best to keep this both informative and fun.
1. The Mountain from Games of Thrones, aka World’s Strongest Man Hafthor Bjornsson, hit the disc golf links with some family and friends. In case you’re wondering, yes, all discs look like minis in his hands.
2. Which one of you is running campaigns for Arby’s?
It's all about knowing how much beef you need… pic.twitter.com/0EaoA26czp
— Arby's (@Arbys) August 13, 2019
3. Leaving this here without comment.
4. Pro Worlds feels like it was longer than just a couple weeks ago, but big shoutout to all the crowds that made the trip to Illinois to cheer on the best in the sport. It was a great look for the sport and America didn’t let us down after Finland set a high standard during the European Open.
5. While we’re on Pro Worlds, we haven’t even mentioned JomezPro’s final round coverage hitting some major view count milestones. As of publication, the front nine of the MPO final round was sitting at just shy of 1.2 million views. Good on y’all.
6. The license plates alone are great, but making your child suffer through your bad joke make it even better. From /u/steakfest: “My daughter, who recently got her license and drives my old Outback, is not a fan. Nothing worse than driving around with 1/2 a dad joke on the car.”
7. How about this feature from Charles Schwab on Flying Armadillo’s Greg Lambert? Pretty cool. It’s from a couple of months ago but we just found it. Sorry.
8. Disc Golf Valley may be the disc golf game du jour, but Ultimate Disc Golf released some gameplay footage that looks pretty impressive.
9. The World Flying Disc Federation’s World Team Disc Golf Championships were held in Alutaguse, Estonia August 21-24. The Finnish team of Teemu Nissinen, Jesse Nieminen, Niklas Anttila, Mikael Räsanen, Oskari Vikström, Sini Lindholm, Janne Hirsimäki, and Mikael Hyväri beat Germany to take home first place.
10. This fox is wild for this one.