Heimburg, Dickerson add wins
February 11, 2019 by Bennett Wineka in Coverage, Recap with 0 comments
The Samui Swine Classic was not the only tournament rocking on non-US soil. Spain and New Zealand also got in on the action this weekend as the States prepares for its tour to start in earnest.
Across Koh Samui from the Hogfather, Philo Brathwaite added to his Thailand haul by getting the victory at the Hyzenbrownie Open “Hurljam 2019.” While Brathwaite’s 1073-rated opening would have made him hard to beat regardless, it sounds like some crossed communications on the tournament’s social channels resulted in Nikko Locastro and Devan Owens missing the start of the event. Hannele Määttä won the FPO division and Eric Langsam Pro Masters.
In Oviedo, Spain, the Open de España saw teenage Islander Blær Örn Ásgeirsson win the tournament by five strokes while averaging 1011-rated golf, 33 points over his rating. It was his first event accepting cash, and over one stretch, Ásgeirsson remained bogey-free for 38 consecutive holes. Natalie Holloköi used a big final round to prevail over Katka Boďová in Open Women.
Patrick Robinson again proved he is one of, if not the best, disc golfer in Oceania by winning the NZ Disc Golf Championship in Tauranga, New Zealand. Hayley Flintoft ran away with FPO.
- Calvin Heimburg is up to two wins in 2019 after taking home the Barnett Park Championship.
- Chris Dickerson is at four wins after the Buckhorn Open win in New Hill, NC. Michelle Green got an impressive win in FPO, as did Brian Schweberger in Pro Masters.
- The Cedar Hill Chill fell to Coda Hatfield and Maria Oliva. Nolan Grider was a winner at the Towne Lake Pro/Am, also in Texas.
- Courtney McCoy and Ezra Robinson were victors at the Don Shannon Memorial in Senoia, Georgia.
- At the always difficult Idlewild course, Scott Burnett won the Ice Bowl Krazy.
- In a field with Jeremy Koling and Austin Turner at the Ballantyne Hotel Open in Charlotte, Dan Hastings got his first win as a Discraft-sponsored player.
- Strong men’s and women’s fields at the Cracked Plastic Classic. Ziggy Bierekoven and Ragna Bygde Lewis were winners.
- Great name: Slug Life Soiree. Congrats to Thomas Tomaselli and Bayli Miller.
- Tim Barham is in Las Vegas early and got a C-tier win at Sunset Thrills.
- Andrew Fish is now 4-for-4 at the Woodchuck Chuck.
- Scott Withers got a win in before Vegas during a Southern Oregon Winter Series event.