Catrina Allen is back at it
January 28, 2019 by Bennett Wineka in Coverage, Recap with 0 comments
It’s still January but one young pro has already notched two impressive wins.
Anthony Barela won his first A-tier a couple weeks back, and now he’s added the Maricopa Open in Arizona to his win column. Shooting a 49 each of the three rounds, Barela held off a late surge from Austin Hannum — who’s also having a solid start to his year — to win the B-tier by one stroke. Barela averaged more than 20 points over his rating during the weekend. Paul Ulibarri finished third, five strokes off the pace.
A 1025-rated second round separated Catrina Allen from the women’s field and set her on the course to victory in her first tournament of 2019. Jennifer Allen was third behind Callie McMorran.
- Would have been hard for anyone to beat Nathan Queen at the King’s Cup. He averaged almost 45 points above his rating and took down Barry Schultz and Dan Hastings.
- Fancy that, Emerson Keith won again. The Lewisville Winter Warm-Up is his third win in four tries.
- Fancy that, Calvin Heimburg won in Florida. He won the Southwest Florida Open by 19 strokes.
- Fancy that, Chris Dickerson won a C-tier in Tennessee. It also added to his very impressive win percentage.
- In a tight one, Zackeriath Johnson won the Ice Bowl.
- Bradley Williams won another tight one at the Sugar Land Showdown. Stephanie Vincent took FPO.
- She took second at Sugar Land but Christina Linthicum got a win at Baytown Boomtown.
- First win for Josh Childs since changing sponsors back to Innova.